Thursday, October 30, 2014
When we had the Christmas stencil class, we needed to mix some paint with the paste to do this card. There was some paste left over so I made some extra cards with the paste. Once the paste was down, glitter was added. After the paste was dry, some white pearls finished off the flower. Then it was layered onto the card and the white satin ribbon run between the layers.
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Been itching to try out a card with this paper. It comes in a bunch of colors and I thought they would be perfect for fall. The printed paper here is actually the back side of some Christmas paper, but looks perfect for fall. The ribbon is a brown velvet placed on with a strip of red adhesive tape. Added a button with some brown twine to the bottom. The stamp was inked in red and then the edge and the leaves were enhanced with a brown colored pencil.
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
The oak leaves here are part of a background stamp by IO. It was inked in brown and then extra color was added with a Dove blender pen and dye ink. I'm learning to stretch myself with mixing patterns so I paired the stamped paper with some printed paper. I think it worked. What do you think?
Monday, October 27, 2014
My brother-in-law has a birthday coming up. This embossing folder seemed a good fit for the occasion. The paper was sponged over with "Rubarb" dye Momento ink. The words are by Serenity stamps. Some ribbon was cut and folded behind the tag.
Friday, October 24, 2014
Thursday, October 23, 2014
There is a group of ladies that will be meeting at my house next week for a Bible study. Many of them were at our fun craft night last week and expressed a desire for more crafting. So, before our study starts, I've planned a quick craft with the new set of birds that are by Dyan. The bird here is stamped with a Versamark black pad onto a text page. The page was sponged with some Distress ink. The hat is in the same bird set. It was colored in with Copic markers.
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Thanks to Gelli plates and Dina Wakely paints, I am tentatively dipping my paint brush towards other projects beyond cards. Started with this easy one. The words were already on this block. All I had to do was add paint. I had picked up some glittery paint and this seemed a good place to try it. First thing I found out is that it needed a base layer of paint. It was not opaque enough to just paint directly onto the bare wood. Out came the basic acrylic paint in a similar color that went on first. Once dried, then the glittery paint was added in two coats. My handmade Christmas gift is ready!