Friday, July 30, 2010

Dry Embossing



There are two ways to dry emboss. One way is to use a machine to do the impression. The other way is to use a light box and stylis tool and do the impression yourself. Because I needed to get two different colored parts from one stencil, I found using the light box and stylis tool the best choice for this card.
After embossing, I ran a sander over the paper to highlight the image in white. I could do this because I used colored paper that had a white underside to it. Once you sand it, the white will show through. Double stick tape was used to mount the pieces onto the card slightly raising the image. The words were stamped with dye base ink.

1 comment:

  1. I just got this stencil. I found it a bit difficult to work with because of it's size. Maybe I'll take another go at it.

    ReplyDelete