Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cuttlebug Egg Card



















Traditonal colors for each season are what I normally gravitate to, but I went a bit "out side the box" on this card. Was pleased with the results. The eggs were punched with a Marvy punch on printed paper and then mounted onto the card with dimensional foam tape. The background was done with a Cuttlebug embossing folder using Memory Box paper. This paper is perfect to use with the folders because they are white underneath. Once embossed, all you have to do is sand the paper and the white shows through. The paper behind the embossed part looks rather blue, but it actually is a purple that goes well with the purple on the printed paper and with the ribbon. The words on the tag are by Memory Box and stamped with a Versafine purple onto a tag that was punched from a Stampn' UP! punch.
This will be my last post until I get back from MA. I'm heading up there today with my boss to go on a buying trip for the store. Nothing like spending other people's money! Will post some of the cards I do in classes once I get back. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment