Friday, August 2, 2013

Art Journal Entry


Sure have been enjoying the journey with my Art Journal.  The first couple of pages were pretty bright and colorful, so wanted to change it up a bit.  Started with Faber Castel markers on various backgrounds.  Added some sprays and paint, and then painted the stencils with Gesso. Finished off the page by outlining the images with Gelatos.  Used some of the new Crafter's Workshop stencils that just arrived.  Am really liking the new images.  We'll be doing this in my Art Journal class in September.

2 comments:

  1. You have done the neatest journal pages. I would like to join in and take your class but I am not sure whether to buy a spiral book or a regular book so that the pages are connected at the center. With a spiral book do you open the binding and remove the pages before you journal on them? Thanks.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie,
      Any note book can be used in class. What I do recommend is a note book that can take a variety of mediums like paint, water color, etc. The book I use has rings which enables it to be opened and laid flat. Because of this we don't need to take out any papers as we work on them. We just got in a few more of the type of journals I use at the store. Hope this answers your question. If not, I'll be in the store on Tuesday afternoon.
      Happy crafting,
      Marilynn

      Delete