Friday, March 25, 2016

Portrait for Art Journaling



We did portraits in Art Journaling this month.  One the first page we used stamps.  But on the second page, I encouraged folks to try free hand drawing the face.  Oh my!  This brought up fear issues for a lot of folks.  I understand.  But, thanks to art journaling, I'm learning to try new things and I decided to drag everyone along with me!  To help reduce the fear, we practiced on blank paper using pencils I took a paper and divided it into 4th's so there would be plenty of room to practice.  We did whole face profiles but then folks were encouraged to do a partial face or one exaggerated so it would be less intimidating.  Lastly, I encouraged folks to try, but of course, never demanded.  After all, what one puts in a personal art journal is up to each individual.  Here is my attempt.  I have to remind myself to "not despise the day of small beginnings".  You don't learn or get better unless you try!

No comments:

Post a Comment