Friday, October 28, 2016

Ferro Paste and Feather Stencil





The mail brought a pleasant surprise for me the other day.  A friend sent me an unexpected gift.  I used this large tag as a thank you card.  Ferro paste was placed over the stencil and allowed to dry.  The paste was done on printed paper so, before doing the paste, an extra layer of heavy paper was attached to the underside of the printed paper so it wouldn't curl from the paste.  As you can see, it worked quite well.  Once the paste was dry, the silk ribbon was added.  Because the tag is so large, I was able to write the note on the back.  Then "Thank You" was stamped on the front with Versafine black.  I like using Versafine black when stamping on a printed paper.  I find it is more opaque and distinct than using a dye ink pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment