Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Vellum Geishas


























Didn't make it to Dad yesterday. My flight home was late and I was up early suffering from jet lag. Not a good state to me in for driving. Did get down to the stamp room, but things are still in progress, so I went back through my stash and found this card from a while ago that I liked. Am teased at work at the size of my cards sometimes, but with a wonderful image like this, I let it set the size of what would go around it. So this is a rather large card. It would definitely need an extra large envelope to send it.
The image was stamped with dye ink onto vellum. Once the ink was dry, it was turned over and colored from the back. It was laid across a silver paper and then washi paper was torn and placed over the edges. Then more layering was done. There was a gold krylon run along the final edge of the black paper. I don't usually use gold and silver together, but I think it worked on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment