Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Another birthday card



When this stamp came in the store the company also sent a sample card. When I did this card I didn't vary it much from the sample. I changed the flora and added a ribbon and a tag-that's about it. But it got me thinking about how some folks have to do something exactly how they see it. When new to something, I know imitation is part of the process we go through so we learn. If you haven't tried to vary your work from what you see, I want to encourage you to take some small steps to make a card your own. Try a different color, a different pattern paper, alter the stamps you use a bit. Let yourself play! For the first time in years I'm allowing myself to ponder taking up painting. I started sketching again for the first time since highschool. You never know what you might find out you can really do once you start letting yourself try!

No comments:

Post a Comment