Monday, January 24, 2011

Marsha McCarthy Card























We had our staff party last night for those of us who work at Angela's Happy Stamper. We stuff ourselves silly with food and fun, and give cards and usually a handmade gift. This is the card I gave to the ladies. I picked it for the quote on the front of the card, and inside stamped "You inspire me". It's such a gift to be around so many creative and caring folks. The card has a white glossy paper brayered and then stamped in black dye ink on the front. I went back in and added extra color in parts with water base markers, and added a glitter pen to parts for a little sparkle. Also added some small gems for more bling. The next picture shows the tin cans that I sponged alcohol ink on the sides. On the lid I punched out printed paper and applied it to a punched out double stick sheet which I placed on the lid. The paper didn't cover all the sticky part so I poured colored beads over the rest to create the rim. Then more double stick paper was punched to fit over the printed paper. On the sticky part clear glass beads were added. Inside I placed a book "thong". It's a bookmark made from satin ribbon with Delft beads and crystals I brought back from the Netherlands. You just lay it on the page you want to mark and the beads stick out either end of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment