Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Penny Black flower


























I'm posting early because it looks like travelling tomorrow is going to be bad, and I need to go check on Dad. Will be gone for a few days. This is a card I did with a group of ladies new to stamping. A lot of folks in the group love books, so thought I'd show them how to stamp on printed paper from paper back books. This flower was inked with pigment ink. We used "dew drop" pads. They are small ink pads shaped like a dew drop. It makes it easy to ink directly onto a stamp with these, especially since one end is pointed so you can get into specific areas on a stamp. This is really helpful when applying more than one color to the stamp like we did with this flower. Once all the ink was on, I stamped onto the printed paper, tore the edges, and added it to the red paper. The yellow printed paper was punched with a Fiskers punch, and added under the red paper. The word stamp was inked with a black ink.
Hope to finally get to my valentines while away. Will have more to show when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment